Senior assistant prof. Maya Yordanova Stoimenova-Popova, MD, Ph.D
High Medical Institute, Kiev, USSR, MD, 1980
1980 - MD Degree
in psychiatry - 1984
1. Professional qualification course on healthcare management (European College of Economics and Management, Plovdiv, Bulgaria): 2005.
2. Educational course "Introduction in GCP" of the Institute of Clinical Research and the Bulgarian Association of Clinical Rresearch: 2007.
Ph. D. thesis: "Neuroticism in mothers and children, relevant to beginning of educational process.".
Adult clinical psychiatry, forensic psychiatry; 34 years of experience in the field.
1. Senior assistant prof. in the Second Psychiatric Clinic of the University Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment in Neurology and Psychiatry "St. Naum", Sofia since December 1990.
2. Senior assistant prof. of psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology of the Medical University, Sofia since January 2006.
1. Resident - University Specialized Psychiatric Hospital, Pleven (Jul 1980 - November 1985).
2. Research Fellow in the Long-Term Multidisciplinary Research Program on Man and the Human Brain: December (1985 - February 1989).
3. Assistant, Asisstant professor, Senior assistant professor at the department of Psychiatry of Medical Academy, Sofia (December 1985 - December 2005).
Experience in clinical practice of adult clinical psychiatry, ECT, clinical trials, teaching of psychiatry (clinical, basic preclinical research, anxiety disorders, movement disorders, degenerative brain diseases, forensic psychiatry).
1. Bulgarian Medical Doctors' Union, Bulgarian Psychiatric Association (member).
2. Bulgarian Society of Biological Psychiatry (founding member).
3. World Federation of the Societies of Biological Psychiatry (member)
affective and anxiety disorders, forensic psychiatry, degenerative brain diseases.
34 peer-reviewed scientific publications in Bulgarian, Russian and English; 18 presentations and posters at Bulgarian scientific meetings, 10 presentations at international scientific meetings.
1 monograph (2014), 1 chapters in the Handbook of Psychiatry (2013), co-author of 2 textbooks on forensic psychiatry (2000; 2003); co-author of Psychiatric Encyclopedic Dictionary (Russian language,2003), co-author of Psychiatric Encyclopedic Dictionary (Bulgarian language, 2004).