A. Managerial: Three qualification courses (one international).
B. Professional: 16 international educational courses.
Ph. D. thesis: "A Comprehensive Study of Panic Disorder on a Clinical Sample".
Board certified psychiatrist. Adult clinical psychiatry, 32 years of experience in the field.
1. Head of the Second Psychiatric Clinic of the University Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment in Neurology and Psychiatry "St. Naum", Sofia since December 2006.
2. Associate professor of psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology of the Medical University, Sofia since January 2007.
1. Resident at the psychiatric hospital Radnevo: January 1982 - December 1984.
2. Resident at the psychiatric hospital Novi Iskar: May - December 1985.
3. Research Fellow in the Long-Term Multidisciplinary Research Program on Man and the Human Brain: December 1985 - February 1987.
4. Assistant professor at the Department of Psychiatry of the Medical University, Sofia: February 1987 - February 2006.
5. Associate professor of psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology of the Medical University, Plovdiv from March 2006 till January 2007.
Experience in clinical practice of adult clinical psychiatry, ECT (international certificate for an ECT trainer), clinical trials, clinical research, teaching of psychiatry (clinical, basic preclinical research, neuropsychopharmacology).
1. Bulgarian Medical Doctors' Union, Bulgarian Psychiatric Association (member).
2. Scientific Society of Neuropsychopharmacology and Neurosciences (in Bulgaria; founding member and executive committee officer).
3. European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (representative of national societies in the field and Ambassador for Bulgaria).
4. International Society of Bipolar Disorders.
5. International College of Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum (founding member).
6. Danubian Psychiatric Association (executive committee member).
43 peer-reviewed scientific publications in Bulgarian, 47 peer-reviewed scientific publications in English (22 in summary and 25 in extenso), 146 presentations and posters at Bulgarian scientific meetings, 25 presentations at international scientific meetings, 20 posters at international scientific meetings (complete list at disposal on enquiry).
3 monographs, 3 chapters in the Handbook of Psychiatry (2013).
More than 900 national and international citations in 15 languages.